Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Independence Day

Independence is the space around you that allows you to grow.

On this 60th year of our Independence thought of how much an Independent man I have grown into. I was born on Nov 22 1978 almost in the middle of this 60 years of Indian Independence. From my own limited observation of the 30 years of Independent years I have seen only a small growth in any type of Independence may it be
  1. Political Independence
  2. Social Independence
  3. Sexual Independence
  4. Personal Independence
  5. Religion Independence
  6. Financial Independence
Of these the only significant changes I have seen is in the area of financial independence, which has been due to software boom, followed by globalisation and the outsourcing industry growth. I am a little doubtful of the call center business which is pumping into pockets of youths today. I personally believe that there is a low fundamental score to it.

In all the other Independence we are still at the same level as we were at the time of Independence.

Let me make it clear that i am not shadowing the economic growth of India, we have grown so much in the economic sense. There is no doubt about it and we can be proud about it too.

No comments: